Women in Science Deserve Opportunities and Mentoring (WISDOM) is a grassroots initiative with the mission of supporting and advancing UNC women postdoctoral fellows and faculty from across the scientific disciplines. WISDOM accomplishes its mission by:
- Bringing women together for a monthly topic-driven forum for knowledge sharing and access to thought leaders in the areas of female leadership development, career-life balance, promotion and retention of female faculty, and gender disparities.
- Partnering with Quintiles’ Women’s Integrated Network (WIN) to support the attendance of WISDOM members at an annual national leadership development conference.
- Supporting mentoring, leadership development, and networking for WISDOM members through WISDOM’s affiliation with the RTP chapter of The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Mentoring Program.
- Seeking funding to support activities that promote the retention and advancement of early career women in science.
- Sponsoring and organizing campus-wide events designed to support and empower women across the UNC campus.
WISDOM is in its third year and currently has over 60 members. WISDOM continuously strives for diversity and welcomes new members from across the UNC campus.
If interested in joining or if you have questions contact Erica_nouri@med.unc.edu.